Sunday, July 21, 2013

the beginning...

So this is our journey with Lexi. We found out we were expecting on April 7, 2013. We were so excited, baby #5. Our children at the time were 9, 6, 5, 3. Two older children are boys and the two younger are girls. When baby was to arrive they would each be a year oder, 10, 7, 6, 4. My due date is set for December 11, 2013. We talked with our little ones and they were so excited. They had been asking for a while for another brother or sister. We just had to decide if we were ready! We called our families and told them the news. Everyone was so excited. I think by now everyone kinda knows that if we call don't be surprised if you hear the words, we are expecting again. From the beginning I wasn't sick which was different from my others. I was horribly sick with all of them except our third, just very emotional with her. Not a big deal every pregnancy can be so different. We were just happy to be bringing another sweet baby home. I thought about everything like a mother thinks, I didn't care it was our fifth, felt like our first. We had an ectopic pregnancy after our first a few years back so after we find out we are expecting, my doctor always wants to see us fairly soon to rule that out again because that can be very dangerous if undetected in the beginning. We went in at 5 weeks. I was a little nervous, I think that is to be expected whether this is your first or tenth. When we saw the ultrasound on screen, there was our sweet baby, heart beating as beautiful as ever. So tiny, hardly there, but there she was. We praised God. We came home showed the kids the ultrasound picture, took pictures of them holding the picture and just rejoiced in our sweet news. Every week things were going great. Feeling great! We went to the doctor for our OB work up when I was almost 11 weeks. They detected the heartbeat and it was a strong 160. I was relieved and so excited to hear that sweet heartbeat. Everything was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment