Monday, August 19, 2013

no explanation but maybe...

I honestly have no explanation why our magnificent Lord allows certain things to happen in our lives. I was reading about a family that lost their sweet baby boy to Trisomy 13 recently and I thought I wonder why the Lord would allow families to lose something more important to them than their own lives and the only thought that came to mind is how when babies or children are suffering so many strangers that have no connection with these families reach out with sympathy, prayers, love. Some find God through those tragedies. I read tonight how one woman turned her back on God when she lost her baby girl in January of this year. She said she hasn't prayed since that time even denied Him. I don't blame that woman because I know how high emotions get and how the devil can use the situation for his benefit. he did that to me, told me so many lies. She went on to say that reading about the baby boy with Trisomy 13 she reconnected with God. If it were not for the tragedies God uses, lives would not be changed, more souls are saved in His name through those tragedies.

I do rejoice in the fact that we are so joyful that we knew Lexi even if that meant letting her go. I often want to wallow in my own emotions but if I look at the bigger picture, what if God allowed this to happen for more souls to be brought to Him. If I could choose, I would choose to have her here with us, we miss her terribly. Her name is mentioned daily. Karis, our 3 yr. old mentioned the other day while cuddling in bed with me that she couldn't reach Lexi. I said, you can't reach her? She said, no, I can't fly, if I could fly I could reach her. As hard as it is to hear such sweet thoughts come from our three year old, it makes me happy to hear her express thoughts about Lexi. I praise God for Lexi and allowing us to be her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment